Outside the wall of a payam office in Hai Thoura Quarter, Juba.
And ye will hear of war and rumors of war …
Talks that are not talks at all. The fear about a conflict so far from my reality, but so near. The military ever present on the sidelines; always present in our presence.
Rumor City, South Sudan:
- The coup attempt on was Kiir really real; wasn’t it?
- The SPLA violently conscripting young impressionable men in the countryside.
- Sudan isn’t acting alone, but with the help of greedy oil companies in Asia.
- Kiir’s visit to China a negotiation of a new arms deal.
- Has the AU been bought to distance itself from South Sudan’s cause?
- Is the road to the airport arbitrarily closed off throughout the day to prevent the public from seeing the return of dozens of dead soldiers from the border?
- Did the town officials in Malakal turn a blind eye to the invasion of their territory by SAF on Friday night?
- The cabinet too sharply divided over the “withdrawal” from Heglig to come to a meaningful resolution … that’s what I heard …
Hail Juba, Rumor City!